Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Hug-in-the-Mail" and "Cuddle-In-The-Mail"

My dad was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer and started his chemo and radiation treatment this week. He has been incredibly encouraged by people sending him cards in the mail. I had Mercedes and Emerald make these for him.

Mercedes made him a "hug-in-the-mail". I traced her hands on a piece of card stock and she colored them with marker. I cut them out and taped a piece of yarn in between them that is the length of her wingspan.





Emerald made him a "cuddle-in-the-mail". I just laid her on a piece of 12"x12" scrapbook paper and traced the top half of her body. Her little hands are always up by her face so it was easy to trace her arms too.



As much as I can, I try to let Mercedes and Emerald (his only grandchildren) be a little bit of sunshine in my dad's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment