1. Ice cube in a wet wash cloth. The cold plus the pressure relieves the pain
4. Chamomile tea. It is a mild sedative to help Mercedes sleep and it's also a pain reliever. We let her drink it warm or freeze it into popsicles.
5. Distractions. On rough teething days, playing is hard and frustrating for Mercedes. She likes to be distracted by calm activities, like watching movies or reading stories.
6. Extra love. I try to remember that she is feeling truly miserable. I ignore the tempter tantrums and disobedience and try to give her extra love, kisses and cuddle and have a little extra patience.
7. Baltic Amber Teething Necklaces. Make sure you have a legit Baltic Amber necklace, not a pretty necklace with fake stones. The babies/toddlers wear them around their necks during the day and around their ankles at night. The stones need to be touching their skin at all times so the natural healing oils have a chance to rub into their skin. This helps them sleep at night and relieves the teething pain.