Mercedes and I made a handprint turkey to decorate her craft wall for Thanksgiving.
After we hung it on the wall, she kept rubbing her tummy and saying "MMM-MMM". In this picture, she is smelling it. =-)
- Trace your child's foot onto brown construction paper and cut it out.
- Trace your child's hand onto the red, orange, and yellow construction paper and cut out multiple handprints.
- Cut a small triangle out of orange construction paper for a beak.
- Cut a small peanut shape out of red construction paper for a waddle.
- Cut two feet out of orange construction paper.
- Turn the footprint so that the heel is now the turkey's head. Glue your handprint feathers to the back of the body.
- Glue on the eyes, beak, waddle and feet.