Saturday, February 16, 2013

Beach Themed Sensory Play


I set up a mini-beach for Mercedes in our kitchen with sand and seashells on some tinfoil, and a glass casserole dish filled with water and tiny sea creatures.


 I always set these up while Mercedes is napping or busy with something in another room because I like when she sees the entire setup at the same time and then watching while she decides what to do with it.


The first thing she did was add some sand to her "ocean".


And then she added some seashells to it.

 She soon asked me for more animals to go swimming. So...her giraffes, hippos, cows, zebras and elephants took a trip to the beach!





What is a trip to the beach without wading in the water?



 And you can't take a trip to the beach without feeling the sand beneath your toes!


She then asked me for some ice cubes to cool her animals off.


And they all went swimming in the ice water...yikes!

I love watching her games progress while she learns and plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment