Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Restaurant


 For my Valentine's Day present, Ben planned an incredible dinner to cook for me. Not just ANY incredible dinner. A truly, truly incredible dinner. Crab legs, stuffed mushrooms with a cream cheese filling, and homemade coleslaw. It didn't seem right to just eat dinner in the kitchen like we do on every normal night. I wanted it to feel special. And I wanted the night to be special for Mercedes too. Since the meal Ben planned was totally restaurant quality, I got the idea to create a Valentine's Day themed restaurant in our living room.


Mercedes decorated the Valentine couch. And yes, I did nail Mercedes' bed sheet to the wall. Why? Because it matched the Valentine theme. I couldn't help myself.


Mercedes' picnic table, where she ate most of her meals and snacks all day. Somehow moving it 10 feet from the kitchen to the living room and throwing a blanket over it made it REALLY exciting for her. =-)


 Our pretty table...I used a sheet for the tablecloth.


 The "cozy corner".


While Mercedes was napping, I surprised her and decorated the windows with hearts. I also made a sign for our restaurant. Mercedes named it "The Chocolate Valentine Restaurant".






  Ben's dinner DID NOT disappoint! Oh my. Every bite was the best bite of food I've ever eaten. Seriously. Best meal ever.


Crab legs dipped in buttery garlic sauce.


 Stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese filling.


Homemade coleslaw...the BEST coleslaw I have ever tasted. Seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment