Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Gramma's Tea Party Picnic


My mom's birthday was last Saturday. I knew the best gift I could give her would be time with her granddaughter. So the week before her birthday, Mercedes and I made this invitation and sent it to her in the mail.





The morning of her birthday, the girls and I did some baking.


I call this "fluffy fudge" because it's not as rich and heavy as regular fudge and totally melts in your mouth. All you do is melt a 12 oz bag of chocolate chips and mix the melted chocolate with a can of Betty Crocker cream cheese frosting. Spread it in an 8x8 casserole dish and chill it for about an hour. That's it! 


 I packed a plastic bin full of "tea party picnic" things and set everything up on my mom's kitchen floor. I spread a blanket out on the floor and put the bin upside down to use as a table with a baby blanket for a tablecloth. We bought the tea set at Goodwill about a year ago and it's just been sitting in our closet waiting for a special occasion to let Mercedes use it.


 I served hot chocolate, fluffy fudge, chocolate cupcakes with pink vanilla frosting and sprinkles, and sliced bananas.



Gramma and Mercedes enjoyed a wonderful, happy, peaceful birthday tea party picnic!


1 comment:

  1. You made your mom's birthday so very special--at a time when she really needed it. What a blessing you are to her!

    ReplyDelete