Thursday, March 7, 2013

Milk Painting on a Tortilla Canvas


 This morning Mercedes asked to paint. I'm always trying to come up with creative ways to paint so she doesn't get bored with it, so today we used food colored milk and painted on tortillas. We've done milk painting on snacks before (like giant marshmallows and graham crackers) but I thought the tortillas were extra fun because we could actually paint pictures on them and eat them afterwards!



 Mercedes had a blast. She probably painted 10 of these. Then later she asked to do it again so I made fresh colored milk and everything, and she did about 10 more. Good thing I had a pack of 80 corn tortillas just laying around in my fridge waiting to be painted on. =-)


 I couldn't help but try it too!


 Just look at that gorgeous snack!


She had a nice pile of half eaten tortillas by the time she was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment