Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Emerald's Zoo-Themed 1st Birthday Party


We threw Emerald a zoo-themed birthday party for her 1st birthday. I transformed the living room into a pretend zoo. I used green and brown streamers for jungle vines. 


My mom turned one wall into a giant aquarium.



She also dug out some tropical birds and flowers from her basement (from past parties) to hang on the walls and ceiling.



I hung a few stuffed animals from the ceiling with wire.


My mom also contributed a small tree to sit in the corner of the room.



I pulled out all of the girls' stuffed zoo animals to sit on the couch.



The balloons had tiger stripes.

I found these giant wall stickers at The Dollar Tree


We bought the plates, cups, napkins and table cloth at Party America.




I ordered a bucket of tiny zoo animals on amazon.com and stuck them on top of each of Emerald's cupcakes. I dyed the vanilla frosting green to look like grass.


We served the cupcakes with ice cream and pink lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment