Monday, May 27, 2013

Ice Cream Dough (First Attempt)


I love this amazing new recipe invented by Play Create Explore. It is simply 3/4 cup hair conditioner and 1 1/2 cups cornstarch. This stuff looks identical to ice cream. Mercedes didn't believe me when I told her she couldn't eat it!

Mercedes helped me mix the dough.

Because I didn't measure it out exactly, the first sundae we made looked a little bit "melted", or maybe like soft serve ice cream.


I gave Mercedes some "sprinkles" (bits of pipe cleaners, beans, bit of paper, and sequins) and some "whipped cream" (cotton balls) to top her sundaes with.


Next we made strawberry ice cream by mixing a few drops of food coloring into the dough. This batch came out much more realistic because I added a little extra cornstarch to the dough.


This is the face Mercedes made when I told her the ice cream dough was not for eating.


She decided that the pretend toppings were not good enough for this amazing pretend ice cream, so we used real sprinkles for the rest of the sundaes.




Vanilla ice cream.


I added a little too much food coloring to our blueberry ice cream, so it too ended up looking like soft serve.


MMM-mmmm, it's hard not to want to eat this stuff!



The last flavor we made was chocolate. I mixed cocoa powder into the dough so it even smelled like chocolate. It took some experimenting to get the texture right but I think I perfected this delicious-looking pretend chocolate ice cream.



This was ridiculously fun and super easy. Now that I've experimented and found the perfect consistency, I can't wait to try it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment