Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mercedes' 3rd Birthday Letter

My Sweet Mercedes,

Today you are 3. You are beautiful inside and out. You have a kind heart, sweet smile, precious voice, golden hair, shining eyes, and lots of love and compassion for people. You are outgoing, chatty, friendly and affectionate. You love to make friends everywhere you go.  You love to sing, use your imagination, tell stories and act out your favorite movies. You love princesses and all things shiny. You are always looking for ways to help. You love to take care of your sister and your puppy. You want to be a doctor when you grow up. You are such a treasure.


I love you so much, baby girl. I love holding your hand, letting you play with my hair, cuddling you to sleep, dancing with you at "the ball" while you twirl around in your princess dress. I love our talks about God and Jesus and heaven and the Bible. I love listening to your sweet, sweet prayers. You teach me and challenge me every day. You help me become a better mom and a better person every day. You are such a precious gift.


Thank you for being my daughter. Thank you for spending time with me, for singing me songs and telling me stories and being my big helper every chance you get. Thank you for being such an awesome kid. I could not ask for a better kid. God knew that I needed you and I'm so thankful that you are my daughter.


You are so independent. Sometimes I forget how little you are because you are so smart and so mature and you try to do everything all by yourself. You get so frustrated when you can't figure something out all by yourself. But sweetie, you will be all grown up way too fast. So for now, just try to enjoy being little. For now, just let me help you with the things that are too big for you. And remember what I always tell you...no matter how big you get, you will always be my baby. Even when you are all grown up with babies of your own, you're still going to be my baby. And even when you're all grown up, I will still be there to help you when you need me.


I love you, my sweet baby girl. Happy birthday!




2 comments:

  1. That is so lovely - I have tears in my eyes reading it. Happy birthday to your little one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes! I'm glad you were touched. :)

    ReplyDelete