Thursday, July 11, 2013

The 4th of July (2013)

 I am all about starting traditions for my little family during the holidays.The 4th of July is one of my favorites because I am crazy about fireworks and about summertime in general, so I always have a great time on the 4th.


 A couple weeks before the 4th of July, we started collecting decorations from The Dollar Tree. On July 1st, the girls and I decorated the living room.




 On the 4th of July morning, the girls enjoyed red and blue star-shaped kool-aid ice cubes.


 We ate an early lunch of blueberry pancakes topped with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream.




 Grandpa Bruce got to enjoy the 4th of July weekend with us.

 I love this picture because it totally looks like both girls fell asleep during their photo shoot, as peaceful and sweet as can be!

 My mom and some of my siblings came over for an outdoor cookout...it was SUCH a beautiful day and not at all too hot to hang out outside all day!


 My sister-in-law made this incredible double layer red, white and blue jello cake.
.

We watched Eudora's city firework show. I made sure the girls had a million glow sticks to keep them occupied while we waited for the fireworks to start.


 Both the girls did amazing considering the loud noises and huge lights in the sky as well as staying up hours past their bedtime.

The whole day was great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment