Monday, August 12, 2013

Lesson 1: The Seven Days of Creation

Supplies:
7 Days of Creation cards


For the creation lesson, I put together an 8"x11" card for each day of creation. On the back, I wrote:



Day 1: A long time ago, in the very beginning, there was nothing. No sky and clouds, grass and flowers, rivers and oceans. No sun, moon or stars. Nothing except God. God looked at all the emptiness and decided to make a big, beautiful world! God said, "Let there be light!" and there was light. The light appeared out of nowhere and began shining everywhere! God called the light "day". He called the dark "night".



Day 2: God looked at the wonderful day and night He had made. He liked it very much. But God wasn't finished. He wanted to make more things. So He spoke again. He said, "Let there be sky and water". Just like that there was water and sky above the water and white fluffy clouds in the sky. God looked at his blue water and blue sky and He liked it.


Day 3: God said, "Let there be land" and just as soon as He said those words, it happened. There was sand and dirt and grass and tall fruit trees and flowers and mountains.



Day 4: God wasn't finished. He said, "Let there be lights in the sky. A sun, a moon, and stars". The big round sun rose in the sky to warm the day. The stars shone bright. The moon looked beautiful in the night sky. God's world was good, and it was exactly the way God wanted it to be.


Day 5: Then God said, "I am going to fill the water, all the lakes and oceans everywhere with life!" And there were fish everywhere. Big fish, little fish, fast fish, slow fish, all swimming happily around and looking for food. God said, "I'm going to fill the air with living things too". And the air was filled with birds of every size and color. Beautiful birds everywhere!


Day 6: God talked again. He said, "there will be animals in my world!" Horses, tigers, elephants, dogs, cats, chickens, zebras, any animal you can think of, filled the fields and mountains and everywhere. God's world was filled with creatures and He liked them very much. But He still had one more thing to create. God said, "I will make a man-a person. I'll make him special, something like myself. I will make man to take care of everything in my world." So God did. He took some dirt from the ground and He made it into a person. The person was alive and smiling and good. God gave him a name: Adam. Then He made a helper for Adam. He made another person, a woman. Adam called her Eve.

 Day 7: God was happy. His world was beautiful and good. And it was finished! It took God 6 days to create His world. And on the seventh day, God rested.

Craft ideas:  

The words of this story were copied from some preschool Bible flashcards that belong to my mom (copyright by CRC Publications 1988...this is the only info I have on the cards. I'm not sure where they originally came from). I am posting this for Sunday School and homeschooling purposes only and I do not claim myself as the author of these stories.

4 comments:

  1. My name is Joy, I am happy I came across this information . it will help me as I start planning for my little kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad these posts are helpful! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I love the simplicity! Thank you for sharing. I hope to use these lessons in my toddler Sunday school class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can use these lessons! Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete