Monday, August 12, 2013

Lesson 7: Moses and the Burning Bush

Supplies:
Burning Bush Illustration

Do you remember baby Moses? God saved baby Moses from the bad king. The princess found the baby in a basket in the river. Then she paid Moses' mom to take care of him. When Moses was a little older, he went to live with the princess at the palace. Moses saw the king treat people who loved God very badly. It made him sad. One day Moses decided to run away. He found a job taking care of the sheep (show illustration).


One day while Moses was watching the sheep, he saw a bush that was on fire! He walked closer. Then he heard a voice coming from the bush. "Moses," the voice said, "you are standing on very special ground. I am God and I am speaking to you!" Moses fell to his knees. God was talking to him! God said, "Moses, I want you to go to Egypt, back to the land of the king. I want you to bring all of my people away from the king. He treats them so very badly!"

Moses did not want to go back to Egypt. He tried to tell God no. "Please not me, Lord." Moses said. "I'm not the right man to do such a big job! I'm only good at little jobs like taking care of sheep." But God said, "Moses, you must go. I will help you do this big job." Moses still did not want to go. He said, "The people will ask me so many questions, Lord. I won't know how to answer those questions." Then God said, "Moses, you MUST go! I will help you answer those question." Moses said, "Lord, please send someone else!" But God said, "Moses, you MUST go! You MUST obey me. I will help you do this job, but you MUST obey!"

Finally Moses knew that he had to obey God and go to Egypt. He knew that he didn't have to be afraid because God would take care of him. Sometimes it's hard to obey God. Sometimes God asks us to do something really big. But God always helps us. He always takes care of us when we obey Him.

Craft ideas:
Tissue Paper Burning Bush
Coloring Pages

The words of this story were copied from some preschool Bible flashcards that belong to my mom (copyright by CRC Publications 1988...this is the only info I have on the cards. I'm not sure where they originally came from). I am posting this for Sunday School and homeschooling purposes only and I do not claim myself as the author of these stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment