Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lesson 26: The Samaritan Woman at the Well

Supplies:
Jesus with the woman illustration
Jesus with the people illustration

One day, Jesus was very tired and hot and thirsty. He'd been walking a long way. He found a well and sat down to rest. A woman came to the well to get water. She was very sad. Nobody liked her very much. Most people didn't want to talk to her. Some people even laughed at her. She thought that Jesus might laugh at her too.

Jesus did not laugh at her (show Jesus with the woman illustration).
 

He said, "Hello, I'm glad to see you. Will you please give me a drink from the well?" The woman was surprised that Jesus did not laugh at her. She said, I will give you a drink." She gave Jesus a drink of water from the well.

Jesus drank the water. Then he told the woman something very special. He said, "thank you for my water. It was very good water. Now I have something to give you. I'm going to give you my love! I want you to know that I love you. I love your friends and I love all the people in your city. I came to show everybody my love!"

The woman was still sad. She thought Jesus was lying. Nobody loved her. She did not think that Jesus would love her. Jesus said, "It is true! I came to give you and everybody my love."

The woman saw Jesus' kind face. She could see that Jesus was full of love. She knew that it was true. Everything he said was true! The woman said, "thank you, thank you! I'm going to tell everybody in my city about you." She ran to her city and told everybody that Jesus loved them. Then the people ran to see Jesus (show picture of Jesus with the people)


They all wanted to hear that Jesus loved them too. That Jesus loved everyone! And that's just what Jesus told them.

Craft ideas:
Woman at the Well Coloring Page #1
Woman at the Well Coloring Page #2
Woman at the Well Coloring Page #3
More Woman at the Well Coloring Pages

The words of this story were copied from some preschool Bible flashcards that belong to my mom (copyright by CRC Publications 1988...this is the only info I have on the cards. I'm not sure where they originally came from). I am posting this for Sunday School and homeschooling purposes only and I do not claim myself as the author of these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment