Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lesson 27: Jesus Heals a Little Boy

Supplies: 
Bible (pg 338)
Little boy illustration

Once there was a little boy who got very sick. He was so sick he could hardly sit up. The little boy's father was very sad that his child was so sick. The boy was sick for a long time. He did not get better. He got sicker and sicker. The boy's father thought that the little boy might die. Then the father heard wonderful news. Jesus was in a nearby town! The father hurried to where Jesus was (show picture in Bible). He said, "Jesus, please come to my home! You are the only one who can keep my boy from dying. Please hurry Jesus. Please make my boy feel better!"

Jesus was happy. The father believed Jesus could save the little boy. "You are a good father." Jesus said. "You really love your little boy and you believe that I can heal him. You are right! Go back home to your little boy. He is all better! I have made your boy better."

The father said, "thank you, Jesus! I believe you! Thank you for healing my little boy!" When the father got home, some people who worked at his house ran out to meet him. They said, "we have some great news! Your boy is better. He is not sick anymore!" (show boy illustration).


The father asked, "When did he get better?" The people said, "he got better yesterday, right after supper. He sat up and he wasn't sick anymore." Then the father knew. He had talked to Jesus right after supper the day before. The boy got better as soon as the father asked Jesus to heal him. Jesus made the boy well again. Jesus was the only one who could have made the boy better.

Craft ideas: 
Coloring page #1
Coloring page #2

The words of this story were copied from some preschool Bible flashcards that belong to my mom (copyright by CRC Publications 1988...this is the only info I have on the cards. I'm not sure where they originally came from). I am posting this for Sunday School and homeschooling purposes only and I do not claim myself as the author of these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment