Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lesson 34: Jesus Blesses the Children

Supplies:
Jesus with the children illustration (with velcro)
Angry disciples illustration (with velcro)
Happy children illustration (with velcro)

Jesus loved to talk to people about God, his Father. The people loved to listen to him. Wherever Jesus went, people followed him. They wanted to look at him, to listen to him, to touch him.

One day, Jesus was talking to a big group of people. Mothers and fathers were there. They wanted to let their little boys and little girls see Jesus. They wanted Jesus to talk to their children (show Jesus with the children illustration)


 The children walked up to Jesus. Jesus smiled. He was happy that the children came. He loved to hold them and talk to them. Soon there were many children around Jesus. Jesus loved them. 

Then Jesus' helpers, his disciples, got angry (stick angry disciples onto the Jesus illustration).


 They were mad at the children. They said, "Jesus is very busy. He's too busy to talk to you. Go away!" But Jesus didn't like what the disciples said. He wanted to talk to the children. Jesus told his disciples, "Don't tell the children to go away. I love them. And the children love me. I want you to love me like these children love me."

So Jesus talked to the children more (exchange angry disciples for happy children on the Jesus illustration).


He promised to love each one of them. That made the children very happy. Jesus was happy too. 

Jesus loves children. Jesus loves you!

Craft ideas:

The words of this story were copied from some preschool Bible flashcards that belong to my mom (copyright by CRC Publications 1988...this is the only info I have on the cards. I'm not sure where they originally came from). I am posting this for Sunday School and homeschooling purposes only and I do not claim myself as the author of these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment