Thursday, September 12, 2013

Lesson 37: Jesus Walks On Water

Supplies:
Bible (pg 322-323)
Stick Peter and stick Jesus
Water illustration

Create a water illustration with a slit in the middle of the page so stick Peter and stick Jesus can walk on the water as you tell this story.



One day, Jesus went on a mountain to talk to God. His disciples were in a boat on the lake. The wind was very strong. The waves were very high. The disciples were scared. Jesus knew that his disciples were scared. He walked down the mountain and started walking across the lake. He was walking on the water! (show picture in Bible).

The disciples saw Jesus walking on the water. The waves were so high and Jesus was not falling down! They were very afraid. They thought he was a ghost. Then they heard Jesus' voice. Jesus said, "don't be afraid. I'm coming to help you."

Peter, one of his disciples, still did not believe it. He said, "Jesus, if it's really you, let me come to you." Jesus said, "Okay Peter, come to me!" Peter climbed out of the boat and started walking to Jesus. Peter was walking on the water too! 

Then he looked down at the waves. He felt the strong wind pushing him around. He got very scared. Then he began to sink into the water. He said, "Jesus, I'm scared! Save me!" Jesus took Peter's hand and pulled him up. Jesus said, "Peter, why did you get scared? You know I will always take care of you." Jesus and Peter climbed out of the boat. Then the wind stopped and the waves stopped. The disciples knew that Jesus was God's son. Only God's son could do things that were impossible.

Craft ideas:
Jesus Walks on Water Jello Snack
Jesus Walks on Water Popsicle Stick Craft
Jesus Walks on Water Paper Plate Craft
Lots of Coloring Pages

The words of this story were copied from some preschool Bible flashcards that belong to my mom (copyright by CRC Publications 1988...this is the only info I have on the cards. I'm not sure where they originally came from). I am posting this for Sunday School and homeschooling purposes only and I do not claim myself as the author of these stories.

1 comment: