Thursday, September 12, 2013

Lesson 39: Mary Anoints Jesus

Supplies:
Illustration with velco jar 

Act out Mary pouring the jar of perfume on Jesus' feet as you tell this story:



One day, Jesus was at Martha and Mary's house. He was eating a big supper with all of his good friends. Then Mary did something special. She had some perfume that cost a lot of money. This perfume was for very important people to use. Mary knew that Jesus was very important. She loved Jesus very much. So she knelt down and poured the perfume all over his feet.

She did not use a little bit of perfume. She used ALL of it. There were a lot of people in the house watching her. They did not understand why she wasted all the perfume on Jesus. One man was very angry. His name was Judas. He said, "Mary, why did you waste that whole bottle of perfume? It cost a lot of money! You could have given the money to people who needed it. But you just wasted it. You poured it all out!"

Judas was very angry. But Jesus was not angry. He said, "Judas, don't talk to Mary that way. Mary poured all the perfume on me because she loves me. I'm thankful for her gift. Mary did a very good thing to me. Thank you, Mary."

Mary knelt down and wiped Jesus' feet with her long hair. She was very happy because she gave Jesus a special gift. Jesus was happy too.

Craft ideas:
Mary Anoints Jesus Coloring Page

The words of this story were copied from some preschool Bible flashcards that belong to my mom (copyright by CRC Publications 1988...this is the only info I have on the cards. I'm not sure where they originally came from). I am posting this for Sunday School and homeschooling purposes only and I do not claim myself as the author of these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment