Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lesson 41: God's Plan of Salvation

Supplies: Color Cross (you could also use a bead bracelet, fabric, paint, crayons, anything with these colors to represent the story)

Hold up a color cross (or whatever material you have put together with these colors on it) and point to each color as you go through God's plan of salvation.


Do you remember how Jesus died? Remember how he came alive again? God had a special plan for Jesus. Jesus died to save us. I'm going to tell you how. I'm going to use different colors to help you remember God's plan.

Yellow stands for God's perfect light. God is perfect, and He wants us to be with Him forever in heaven.

Has anybody ever broken God's rules? Do you remember the 10 commandments? Has anyone ever lied? Stolen? Been jealous? Have you ever done something really mean? Doing wrong things and breaking God's rules is called sin. Since God is perfect, He can't be around sin. The darkness is to show us what happens when we sin. God said the punishment for sin is death. We have to be apart from His light forever. So...we sin, and the punishment for sin is death....but God has a plan.

God loved us so much that He sent Jesus to die on the cross for us. Jesus is God's son, so He is perfect like God. Red stands for the blood that Jesus shed when He died. God's plan gets even better. After Jesus died, He came alive again! Right now He is in heaven with God.

Jesus' blood washes us clean from our sins. If we truly believe that Jesus died for our sins, we can ask God to forgive us our sins and ask Jesus to be our Lord and Savior. White stands for being clean from our sins.  

After we do this, we are God's children. He is our Father, and He helps us grow. He teaches us things and gave us the Bible to learn more about Him. Green stands for the new life we have in Jesus.

God asks His children to be baptized to show everyone that we love Him. Baptism is when you go under the water and then are raised up again. It stands for Jesus dying for our sins and coming back to life. Blue stands for being baptized.

When our bodies die, everyone who believes in Jesus will go to heaven to live with God, the King of Kings. He will give us a crown of life and we will be God's princes and princesses forever and ever. Purple stands for the crown of life.

So that's God's plan for us. He wants us to believe in Jesus and live with Him forever. If you want to make Jesus your Lord and Savior, I'll help you pray. Everybody close their eyes. I'll pray, and if you want to, you can pray silently to Jesus after me.

"Jesus, I know that God is perfect. I know that I have done bad things. I believe that you died for me so that I can be clean from my sins. Please be my Lord and Savior. From now on you will be in charge of my life. I will obey you. Thank you for dying for me. Thank you for saving me. I love you, Jesus!"

Craft ideas:
Color Cross  (you could also do this with colored paper)
Gospel Bracelets
John 3:16 Craft

 The words of this story were copied from some preschool Bible flashcards that belong to my mom (copyright by CRC Publications 1988...this is the only info I have on the cards. I'm not sure where they originally came from). I am posting this for Sunday School and homeschooling purposes only and I do not claim myself as the author of these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment