Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lesson 45: Jesus is Coming Back!

Supplies:
Real Bible (John 14:2-3)
Treasure illustrations

Today we're going to talk about Jesus' promise. Before Jesus went to heaven, He made a promise to His disciples. When we are God's children, we are also Jesus' disciples. So this promise is for us too.

(Read John 14: 2-3 out of a Bible) Jesus said, "In my Father's house there are many rooms. I am going there to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me." Jesus was talking about God, His Father. Jesus said that in heaven, God has a house for us with lots and lots of rooms. Jesus said that one day He would come back and take God's children to heaven to be with Him.

I love this promise. It means that no matter what happens on earth, we know that Jesus is coming back some day. He will take all of God's children to heaven. Jesus told his disciples not to worry about treasures on earth. It doesn't matter if we have nice clothes. It doesn't matter if we have a nice house (hold up each treasure and talk about each of them). 


No matter how rich we are or how much stuff we have, we can't take any of it with us to heaven. the real treasure is waiting for us in heaven. Then we get to be with God forever.

Jesus said the important thing is to tell people about Him. While we are living on earth, Jesus said, "make more disciples". That means to tell everybody that Jesus loves us. Tell everybody that they need to believe in Jesus. Tell your friends, tell your family. Tell people everywhere that Jesus loves everybody! It is very good news!

Craft ideas:
"Treasures in Heaven" Craft Ideas 
"Treasures in Heaven" Visuals 
"Treasures in Heaven" Coloring Page 

 The words of this story were copied from some preschool Bible flashcards that belong to my mom (copyright by CRC Publications 1988...this is the only info I have on the cards. I'm not sure where they originally came from). I am posting this for Sunday School and homeschooling purposes only and I do not claim myself as the author of these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment