Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lesson 47: Jesus Changes Paul

Supplies:
Illustration

Once there was a man named Paul. Paul did not love Jesus. Paul hated Jesus so much that he did not want anyone else to love Jesus. Paul kept trying to catch people who loved Jesus. When he caught them, he put them in jail.

Even though Paul hated Jesus, Jesus didn't hate Paul. Jesus loved Paul. Jesus wanted Paul to love Him too. So Jesus decided to talk to Paul. One night, Paul and his friends were walking to the city. They were trying to find more people to put in jail. But then, in the sky, a very bright light shone in Paul's eyes. It was even brighter than the sun! Paul was afraid.



A loud voice spoke to Paul. It was Jesus! Jesus said, "Paul, why do you hate me? Why do you hate my friends? I want you to obey me. Get up and go to the city." Paul stood up. He couldn't see anything! He was blind! Paul asked his friends to help him walk to the city. When he got there, he found one of Jesus' friends. His name was Ananias. Paul stayed at Ananias' house. Ananias put his hands on Paul's eyes and Paul could see!

Paul knew that Jesus had helped him see again. Now Paul knew that Jesus loved him. Jesus wanted Paul to be His friend. Paul did not hate Jesus anymore. Paul loved Jesus! And Jesus had a special plan for Paul.

Craft ideas:
Paul's Conversion Coloring Page 

The words of this story were copied from some preschool Bible flashcards that belong to my mom (copyright by CRC Publications 1988...this is the only info I have on the cards. I'm not sure where they originally came from). I am posting this for Sunday School and homeschooling purposes only and I do not claim myself as the author of these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment