Friday, January 3, 2014

Our Dollar Store Christmas

We are rediculously tight on money right now. And by "tight" I mean we're moving in with my mom at the end of the month because we are so behind on rent and bills that there is absolutely no possible way we can ever catch up before we get evicted. I still wanted the girls to have a great Christmas. We talked about buying them each one really cool new toy, but I thought they'd have more fun if we spent $20 on each of them at the Dollar Tree so they'd each have 20 smaller presents to open instead of just one big one.




It ended up being a pretty decent sized pile of presents for only spending $40!


I managed to factor our special Christmas treats into my normal grocery budget without spending any extra money. I just did super cheap meals the rest of the week to make up for the bit of extra for Christmas Eve and Christmas.



The girls had so much fun opening and playing with their gifts. They had no idea we spent such a tiny amount of money on them.

To us the holidays are not about the money. They are about traditions and spending time with family. I'm so happy to be able to give my girls a good Christmas spending less than $100 total on presents and food and not going over budget at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment