Thursday, May 8, 2014

Emerald's 2nd Birthday Letter

Every year for the girls' birthdays, I write them a letter and print it out, to be given to them when they're old enough to appreciate it. Probably on their 18th birthday. My youngest baby is turning 2 tomorrow. Time flies when you're a mom! I'm not sure I like it. Still, it's so fun to watch her learn and grow. And I am thankful that she is perfectly healthy and happy, and thankful God blessed me with her and that I've gotten to spend the past two years enjoying her. So tomorrow we have lots of celebrating to do!


My Dear Emerald,

Today you are two! You are not a baby anymore. You can sing, run, jump, dance, laugh at jokes, swing, slide, and play games. You can sing Twinkle Twinkle, The ABC's and you can count to 12. You have the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. And incredible, bright blue eyes. When you're happy, you light up your world. I love you, Baby Girl. I love that you can talk now. You can share your feelings and your desires and plans. I love that you love your big sister. You are always sharing and taking care of her and looking out for her. Whenever I give you a cookie or your vitamin gummy bears or fresh water for your sippy you always make sure Mercedes gets hers too. I love watching you play and cuddle and laugh with your sister. My prayer is that the two of you grow up the best of friends. I love your tender heart. You are always cuddling and taking care of your animals and baby dolls. You are going to be such a great mommy or zookeeper or veterinarian someday. You melt my heart when you tell me that "it's a really beautiful day" outside, or say, "I love you too" when I give you a kiss. You are such a treasure.

This year you have developed quite the little personality. You are strong willed, determined, stubborn, and will not take no for an answer. You know what you want and you will fight as hard as you have to to get it. Mommy and Daddy have to be just as strong as you are to make sure we don't give in to everything you want. We are working on teaching you that sometimes you have to accept "no" or "wait" or "not right now." You really don't like that. And you are not afraid to let us know when we tell you something you don't like.

As frustrating as it can be to be patient with you, I know God has given you your personality for a reason. Because He has something very special planned for you. So I try to teach you to be kind, polite, and patient without breaking your spirit. Because even though sometimes it's overwhelming when your stubbornness is at it's best, I don't want to change who God made you. I love you just the way you are. Your strong will and all. So please be loving. Be patient. Be considerate of the rest of us. Share. Take turns. Learn to be gentle and learn to compromise. But don't change. Stay stubborn. Stay strong willed. Stay strong and stay determined. And never stop fighting for what you want.

I am so happy that I get to be your mommy. I feel so blessed to get to watch you and help you learn and grow. You change so much, month by month, week by week and sometimes day by day. You are learning new words and new skills constantly. I have to remind myself not to blink or I might miss something. I'm so blessed to be able to stay home with you and never miss a minute of your childhood. You can thank your daddy for that. I know you miss him when he's at work. You ask for him constantly. But he is giving our family a great gift by providing for us so the three of us girls can play and learn together every day.

Thank you for being my little sweetheart. My sunshine. You and your sister are the two best gifts God has ever given me. Happy Birthday, Baby Girl. Mommy loves you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment