Monday, June 9, 2014

Sweet and Creamy One Ingredient Ice Cream (Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo)


I am always looking for ways to cut out sugar and processed food from our diet. At the same time, I have to put up with my unrelenting sweet tooth. My husband is as bad as I am, and our girls have inherited it as well. So when I found a recipe for Paleo ice cream with a single ingredient, I had to give it a try. 



All you need is a few bananas! No joke. Just chop them up and stick them in the freezer for an hour.




Blend them in a food processor until you get the smooth, creamy texture of soft serve ice cream.




This frozen treat is actually incredibly delicious and is really close to the texture of soft serve ice cream. For extra flavor, use super ripe bananas. You could also add peanut butter or nutella to it, or a little yogurt. If you want firmer ice cream, just stick it back in the freezer for a while after you blend it and it will be more like regular ice cream instead of soft serve.




This ice cream is so easy, cheap and delicious there is no reason for us not to make it over and over again. Like...every day. :) We love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment