Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Giant Velcro Calendar



My mom donated a huge bulletin board to us while she was sorting through all of her old homeschool materials. I used it to make Mercedes a giant calender to use throughout the school year to start helping her understand the concepts of days, weeks, years, etc. I printed the dates, days of the week and months of the year on colored paper and laminated them by sandwiching them in between two pieces of clear contact paper. I attached them to the board with strips of Velcro so Mercedes can update it every day.




I also printed a weather wheel and a seasons wheel and laminated those as well. 




The girls each colored their own weather wheel and chose a place for them in the house. They love looking out the window and updating their wheels.



This has turned out to be something fun that Mercedes looks forward to when she wakes up every morning. I love any project or activity that makes Mercedes excited to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment