Friday, April 3, 2015

MFW Unit 24: Vegetables


The theme of Unit 24 of Mercedes' My Father's World Kindergarten was Vegetables. The Bible theme was "God gives me all that I need". We read lots of books about how fruits and veggies grow, and talked about how God designed plants to grow and provide them with soil, sunshine and rain.




Mercedes loves to help me cook, and I made sure she helped me prepare all our veggies during our vegetable week. We prepared cucumbers, carrots and peppers for a salad and to be eaten raw for  snacks.




Avocados and tomatoes tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper.




Cucumbers and onions tossed with olive oil, apple cider vinegar and spices (click HERE for recipe)





And lots of other veggie side dishes that I forgot to take pictures of. Oops!

Each night while we prepared them, we talked about where each vegetable came from and how it grows, and remembered to thank God for providing us with so much good, fresh food to nourish our bodies.




We also did a veggie stamping project.



No comments:

Post a Comment