Monday, December 7, 2015

Thanksgiving (2015)

This is the first year I have attempted a real, traditional Thanksgiving dinner for my family. It was such a fun day, and I would never have been able to pull it off without my husband's help, both in the kitchen and keeping the girl entertained for me. 




For breakfast we had pumpkin pie french toast.



We made loaded caramel apples for brunch. 



For lunch, we ate ham and cheese salad with pineapples on the side. It was a nice, healthy, light meal to prep us for dinner!




Ben was incredibly proud of his turkey. It was super flavorful and delicious! 


The girls thought the turkey was AMAZING! Extra awesome since Mercedes is super picky and is practically a vegetarian. 



Our gluten free Thanksgiving dinner turned out so good! We had turkey, mashed potatoes, gluten free McCormick gravy, gluten free stuffing from Aldi and gluten free green bean casserole made with fried onions from Aldi. It was so delicious, and for someone who has had Celiac Disease for 11 years it made me feel so normal to eat the gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, all the things I normally miss out on every year!




My family was very happy with all of this delicious goodness!



Ben and I decided the girls had enough sugar snacking on loaded caramel apples all day, but we definitely feasted on some Pumpkin Lust Cake and wine after they went to sleep!



The girls also made Thank You Trees.


This was Emerald's list of things she is thankful for.


And this is Mercedes' list. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment