Saturday, May 7, 2016

Emerald's 4th Birthday Letter

My Dear Sweet Emerald,

Today you are four. FOUR! How did this happen? Not too long ago you were a tiny, chubby baby in my arms, and now you are an adorable, independent, thoughtful four-year-old! I love the little person you are becoming. You have such a kind heart. You never think twice about sharing your snacks and toys with your big sister. You are always looking for ways to make my life easier now that I have a baby in my belly. You are so helpful. When I ask if you would like to help me clean, do laundry or cook dinner, you happily answer "yes please" and work harder than any little kid I have ever seen. And you do it with a happy heart! That makes me so happy too.


 You are turning into quite the leader! It's so fun watching you on the playground or at the pool, telling the kids at the top of the slide who should go first, second and third (usually in order of littlest to biggest) and even the big kids listen! I can't wait to find out how you will use this gift as you get older.

One of my favorite things is watching you play. You love to act things out with your sister and your little princesses, Barbies, ponies and blind bag toys. It's so fun for me to listen to the things you and your sister come up with to play. The two of you are best friends and I'm so happy that you have each other.

I love that you still love to cuddle. We bond over hugs, kisses, snuggles and tickle fights. You want to be a mommy and are always cuddling your baby dolls. You are so excited for your baby brother Dominick to be born so you have a real baby to snuggle with! You are going to be the best big sister. I can't wait to watch you take care of your little brother. 

I'm so glad you are my kid. You and Mercedes are the best daughters I could ever ask for. Every day you make my heart happy. Today we are celebrating YOU! Happy Birthday, Baby Girl. I love you so, so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment